Friday, March 9, 2012

Mo Willems Week

Last week it was Dr. Suess week at my son's preschool.  They had a Dr. Suess themed hot lunch and he was very upset because I make him eat a healthy cold lunch every day.  So I decided this week was Mo Willems week.  We love Mo!  The Elephant and Piggie books were the first books he really has LOVED to read.  So far I have made Pigeon, Piggie, and Knuffle Bunny.  The white in all cases is sliced swiss cheese.  The dark brown is pumpernickel bread rolled flat with a rolling pin.   I have used a combination of a cheap set of easter egg cookie cutters from Target and cake decorating tips to cut circles and ovals.  I used butter as glue.  Enjoy!

And I tried a Naked Mole Rat.  I don't like it.  I think he looks pretty ugly and unappetizing.  Oh well, they won't all work now will they?  My kids also finally told me that the bed of veggie straws absorbed moisture from the sandwhich and got soggy.  Oops.  I'm thinking superheros next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment